Monday, January 12, 2009

Scotland is Locked and Loaded

and other exciting news...

Well, today I finally did what I have been planning for about three years -- which is to say, I booked the trip to Scotland which will take place over my next six-week break. (I am almost done with this one, and while I've enjoyed the sleep, I'm definitely ready to get going again. Feels like forever). I am hitting up, in order: Edinburgh, Inverness, Stornaway, Skye, Mull, and Glasgow, which will take 2 weeks and fortunately not a king's ransom, as I really lucked out on finding the First Scot Rail pass, which will transport my not-entirely-broke ass all around Scotland (including rail, bus, and ferry) for the comparatively measly sum of £148. More details to come and tons of pictures, but not until April. Cannot wait...

In the meantime, I have my history tutor arranged (I'm switching to English history from psych this term for a number of reasons, mainly because a) I'm writing a historical novel, and b) what better place to do it) and am getting a little financial help. Now all I need to do is get a job, and I will be set. And stop going to bed at 4AM, which I swear I don't mean to do, yet keeps happening nonetheless.

No comments: